This is why you may find your relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around you.
- You believe and will tell anyone willing to listen that your offspring is the best, and most beautiful blessing in your life, over and over and over again. So people have stopped asking you about them because your conversation goes way over the top!
- You sing praises of your exalted family; your sister/brother/father/husband is just so wonderful and amazing, over and over again. I love my family too, don’t be so over the top!
- You believe that because you are a child of God/Allah/Jah/Yahweh, your faith makes you the epitome of human perfection. This is why you ignore any and all mistakes you make and the constructive criticism you get from anyone. Your logic goes like this: “I have found someone who is perfect, if I’m close to them, some of their perfection will rub off on me, thus I am perfect by association.
- You refuse to learn from others. You may not say it but you show it by blocking out anything you hear that does not resonate with you.
- You refuse to do a task that is considered “beneath” you. You may or may not say it out loud and you definitely show it by your grandiose sense of superiority.
- You don’t do what you’re supposed to do, you do what you think you should do. If anyone dares question you about it you pretend to be apologetic and then you do the same thing again. You play a vicious cycle of mind games.
If you match any or all of these traits or if you’ve done things remotely similar to them, please do some introspection and self-reflection upon your life. You will save the sanity of yourself friends, colleagues and family members because, honestly, you’ve been driving them crazy.
Now, thank me and go check yourself here.